Backup is always useful, when we talk about important info. If your Microsoft Outlook mails contain some valuable info that you don’t want to lose, it would be a useful measure to create a backup storage of emails, notes, calendar and addresses. You can backup all this data to a PST file doing these steps:
- Go to File menu in Outlook dashboard
- Press Import and Export
- Use ‘Export to a file’ option, after checking it press Next
- Select ‘Personal Folder File (.pst)’ and click Next
- Select messages catalogue (use Include Subfolders option) and press Next
- Enter the destination address for the exported file and press Finish.
You will get a PST backup file stored in location you specified in settings. Resulting PST file can be used to restore your mail data in case of losing access to your mail history or some other problems with Outlook. Just import PSD file into the program, and you will see all your data back. It is useful to make regular updates of backup copy to have the freshest backup. Now Microsoft Outlook can update the existing backup without saving duplicates – so no mess in storage.