Good question! Your inbox can hold a thousand emails and more, so why should you have to painstakingly store your emails as PDFs? The answer is really simple to archive them. A PDF has many advantages and saving your emails in this format can save you a lot of hassles and time. Let's see how:
- PDFs render across all Operating Systems the same way. They do not change in appearance or get all garbled.
- You do not have to hunt through your inbox for the email and then search for one particular part of that conversation in that thread.
- If anyone wants a reference of that email you can immediately send it to them without searching for it.
- A PDF is un-editable. It cannot be tampered with or altered in any way.
- A backup of all emails or at least the important ones is automatically saved even if your email client crashes.
- Can be viewed offline. This makes a PDF easily accessible even to those not connected to the internet.
There are many advantages to having your emails saved as PDFs. Now you are probably wondering 'sounds like a good idea but how do I convert an email to PDF?'
How to convert an email to PDF?
Let’s cut to the chase and talk about how to convert emails to PDF:
1. Get a PDF printer
No we are not talking about getting a physical printer; we’re referring to software. There is loads of PDF printing software for you to convert your emails into PDFs. What it does is basically ape printing software and instead of printing a file it sends to become a PDF instead. There are all sorts of PDF printer from freeware to sophisticated high-end ones. Figure out what you need it for and then decide what kind of software to use. Some PDF printers even allow you the option to edit them and control the kind and amount of access you want to dole out to users. You can go to any website offering a PDF printer and click on the download link to install it. If it is free you can install it immediately if not then you can do so once you’ve completed the payment process. Make sure you restart your computer before you start using the software.
2. Access your email client:
Open up your email client, be it Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Gmail, Yahoo or Windows Live and log in to your email account. Select the email that you want converted into a PDF file.
From the menu option, on the address bar at the top of your page or your email clients interface, click on ‘File’ and then click on ‘Print’. Once you select print it gives you certain options be sure to select a printer and the right one. This has to be the same PDF printer you downloaded a while ago.
Once you have clicked on ‘Print’, it will ask you where you want to save the file. Rename the file so it’s easy for you to remember and save it at any location convenient to you.
And just like that your email has been saved as a PDF. You can even check it by going to its saved location and double-clicking on the file. Now you know how to convert a email to PDF.